The Focus of the Last Six Months
Mark #3 – A disciple is one who responds to the Holy Spirit.
“Left on Read” Takeaways
– The Holy Spirit was and is the personal presence of God.
– The Holy Spirit breathed into us making us spiritually alive.
– When we accept Christ, we become a new creation. A temple of the living God.
– The same Spirit of God who raised Jesus from the dead now lives inside of us and fills us and empowers us always working, acting, speaking, and conforming us to be just like Jesus.
“Left on Read” Question
Are you, am I, living in response to His work, and surrendering control to Him, or are we keeping the controls relegating Him to an ‘as needed’ basis?
– What is truth? It’s not what we say.
– What the world promises speaks in direct contrast to the truth of God.
Are you, am I, going to create and hold to our own truth or surrender to live in response to the truth of the Holy Spirit of God?
“There is a way that seems right to a man but in the end leads to death.”
Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father except through Me.
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
1 John 2:15-17
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
– We are called into a family.
– We are unified by one Spirit.
– We are to declare and demonstrate the good news of Jesus.
– As followers of Jesus, we are given gifting by the Holy Spirit.
– In order to build up this body of people to maturity.
Are you going to live closed off from your family or are you going to surrender to how the Holy Spirit wants to use you for the good of the body and the progress of His mission?
“Wide Open & Selfless” Takeaways
– His Kingdom originates from the inside out.
– It is characterized by love, justice, and mercy.
– It is demonstrated by radical generosity instead of greed
– It means denying yourself to be freed up to give yourself away.
“Wide Open & Selfless” Question
Are you going to choose to build your own kingdom or are you going to surrender to Jesus as king and build His kingdom?
What is the common theme?